I am a pastor and a writer, and for the past dozen years, a board-certified crisis chaplain. I teach a few courses for some organizations I belong to, and have developed a series of courses to teach churches how to avoid crisis when they can and how to survive them when they cannot.
I am committed to sharing values and principles that help apostolic families thrive.
I live in Tennessee, just outside the small town where Emmett Kelly, Jr, was born. My wife, Anita, and I have three grown children: two daughters (a school teacher and a graphic artist), and one son (digital marketing). Here we are at a wedding.
I am a chaplain with the Dyersburg Police Department, and a member of the International Conference of Police Chaplains (ICPC), International Critical Incident StressFoundation (ICISF), and the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress. The picture below shows me with the a former President of the ICPC at a regional training seminar.
I help churches prevent and prepare for crisis: prevent by eliminating as many risks as possible, and prepare by training ministry response teams to respond during those situations which we cannot control. I’ve created a one-day seminar, When Crisis Comes To Church, that leads pastors and church leaders through the steps necessary to be prepared.
I am also an instructor approved by both the ICPC and the ICISF to teach their courses. Here I am leading a session with Tyson Foods’ chaplains: Assisting Individuals In Crisis.
(Tyson has an incredible art collection displayed throughout their corporate headquarters and grounds. I had nothing to do with that, but I thought I’d tell you about it, anyway.) Here’s an example.
I’ve also written a few books. You can find more information about them in the right-hand sidebar.
Statement of Ethical Practice
- Our presence on the world wide web is an extension of our family’s ministry in much the same way that books and materials were made available utilizing traditional publishing methods in days gone by.
- We offer our products and services with the singular desire to strengthen local churches by helping apostolic families thrive.
- All products and services that we sell, unless specifically stated otherwise, come with a 15-day, no questions asked, money back guarantee.
- We do not provide pastoral advice.
- While we may occasionally ask churches to support a worthy project or ministry, we do not solicit nor accept tithes or offerings from individuals.
- We are committed to following copyright laws and extending artistic courtesy. We will promptly correct any error or omission if shown that we have inappropriately used another’s material or failed to give credit where it was due.
- We will treat everyone the way that we would want to be treated.